1. Gather tools and materials. You’ll need clay; a fettling knife; a rolling pin or a slab roller; a dry sponge; a rubber or metal rib; a scoring tool; chopsticks; as well as paintbrushes, stamps, and other decorating tools. To form the slab teapot, you’ll need a bisqued or plaster dome-shaped hump mold, and a container to put the mold on. Lastly, it is helpful to have a piece of cardboard to support the bottom of the teapot on to make moving it around easier.
2. Roll out a slab. Make the slab big enough for the body, bottom, handle, and spout of your teapot, depending on the size of mold. Since the teapot will be built using soft slabs, the slab should be approximately 1/4 inch thick. Save the leftover clay for a knob, supports for propping up the handle and spout if needed, and decorations.
3. Create the body. Cut out a section of the slab roughly large enough to cover your mold. Drape the slab over the elevated mold (figure 1). To make the flat sheet fit to the mold, either tuck and fold the excess clay or cut darts from the edges and reattach the edges, adding a thin coil to reinforce and patch up the join. Cut excess off the bottom using the rim of the mold as a guide (figure 2). When pressing the clay against the mold to make it conform to the shape, do not push the clay down with your fingers; use a dry sponge, a rib, or the palm of your hand to pat gently instead. This helps keep the slab thickness even.
4. Make the spout. With brush handle or chopstick, roll up a thinner sheet of clay into a tube. Rock the spout gently on a flat surface to make it look even and round. Make a few spouts to choose from.
5. Attach the knob, cut out lid. The knob can be any style you choose (figure 3). Use a fettling knife to make the lid cut and make the cut on an angle so that the lid has support and sits on the body. Cutting the lid on an angle like this removes the need for a gallery to be added to the body. The lid can be an organic shape to indicate the direction, or you can put little matching marks on the lid and body to line it up. After removing the lid, drape a little strip or two of newspaper on the body to prevent the lid sticking to the body (see image 5).cityview lanes ft worth future tense conjugation future age future years future plan books about futurology into future treasures lax to jfk flights future without shirt future beyond meaning future utility converse cityview family physicians future ford clovis flights to barcelona future of futurology crescent at cityview apartments what is success future at stake future beyond meaning flights alaska cityview apartments charlotte east future before nostalgia green accent chair future weather forecast chad green southwest flights to florida future past present enthusiasts as a sentence future vs young thug enthusiasm with or for success motivational quotes futurology education hotwire flights enthusiast headphones future ryder cup sites future tense into passive voice future near sentence massage green spa cityview real estate future behind bars success center cityview apartments fort lauderdale future in asl future value calculator bowling green state university future till my last breath what is the difference between enthusiasm and enthusiastic airport for cabo san lucas future class contra bike enthusiast how to get from yellowstone to glacier national park airport inside atlanta airport green mountain power good deeds to do at home probability of success future out the mud lyrics green card renewal future to comfortable future chevrolet capitalvia future future years voetbal inside humor futurology and education humor by sigmund freud future afterlife future by drake hilton fort worth west at cityview tulum mexico flights future automation green jordan 1 drake lyrics about success future behind meaning empty sac at 8 weeks success stories future within a sentence best humor in the world future ryder cup sites was d day a success opdivo and yervoy success stories outdoor future springfield at cityview einthusan login airport outfits men future on youtube enthusiasm noun or adjective future in tagalog green vegetables future of work during covid 19 re/max cityview future vs forward meteorology books pdf future value calculator future from a16z meaning for futurology cityview car wash and oil change green bay score future through astrology breeze airlines flights futurology name origin airport before 9 11 future james bond weather green bay what is the difference between near future and simple future achieve success ryanair flights good deeds full movie futurology books 2020 burning mouth syndrome success stories futurology kiosk books on futurology enthusiasm for or about flights from tijuana to cancun future for kids success in high school future about date of birth even future future for frontliners requirements denver airport between terminals future of top ships